So, you’re planning to get your lashes done or maybe you already have one – or maybe you’re just curious and how and what it is. Thank you for visiting me here, you came to the right place!
First of all, I would like to clarify to you – I am not an eyelash technician, however I have years and years of experience in getting my lashes done – from a cheap salon, super fancy modern ones to finally finding the right ones that actually works for me and for everyone else. I have experienced A LOT both bad and good from getting my lashes done. And I’m not stopping wherever I go. So, here I am today sharing with you some of my basic care/tips on how to make your eyelash extensions last longer, avoid eye infections and some recommendations to my favourite eyelash places to go!
FIRST 24 HOURS
After getting your lashes done and before you get out of your salon, your technician would normally tell you how to take care of your lashes and then they will give a disposable mascara wand. Don’t lose this. Use this!
During the first 24 hours, let the glue/adhesive dry completely. Avoid direct contact with water – avoid steam rooms, saunas, facials or hot showers.
If this is your first time, you still may find it weird, having heavy, long strands of hair in your eyesight – DO NOT RUB, PLAY OR PULL YOUR LASHES. Leave it alone. Please. If it feels like its stinging your eyes, check your eye – maybe there’s hair poking it OR maybe the adhesive is still wet – a normal hand fan should dry it out. If it gets worse, call your salon/technician or maybe go see a doctor – maybe you are allergic to this adhesive and I really hope none of you are!
During the first 24 hours as well, make sure that you don’t apply anything on your eyes – especially makeup or products. The whole idea is to make sure you don’t try to build up oil in your eye area especially your lash lines.
The general rules in maintaining your gorgeous eyelash extensions are very simple:
- Avoid oil based products.
- Always remove makeup before sleeping and make sure that you clean your lash lines thoroughly. You really don’t want to build up that gross leftovers over and over again in your eyes. You know what happens when old leftovers are not taken care of 🙂
- Clean your lashes daily with water (some salon offer eyelash shampoo) and then brush it nicely with your disposable mascara wand. Keep your lashes clean always and tangle free!
- DO NOT PULL AND RUB YOUR LASHES!
- Get refills regularly to keep them full and beautiful!
RECOMMENDED PLACES TO GO TO:
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia